Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Reading Circle - Buddy


WEEK 1
TITLE OF THE BOOKBUDDY
PEOPLE IN THE GROUPIlaisaane, Phoenix, Sione - Koula and Genevieve.
ROLES:
DISCUSSION DIRECTOR:
Sione Koula
Write four to six questions about what you have just read. These questions will be used for group discussion during the next reading session. Think about the question helpers in the box below.
Who? What? Where? When?Why? How?
Details? Inferred? What if? Opinion?


Do you think Josh likes dad’s new girlfriend?
Did the tent stink?
How will Josh feel if dad gets married to Suzanne?
Where was Mom?
What was his worst nightmare?
How does Josh feel to share dad with Suzanne?



WORD FINDER DIRECTOR: Genevieve.

Find four to six interesting, powerful or tricky words from today's reading. Write them below along with the page number. Use flags to mark those words. You will be asked to share those words during our next guided reading meeting.


I couldn’t see what was wrong with what I was wearing the grungy old track pants I go running in, and a T-shirt I’d found under my bed.


It was so tidy I felt like I was caught in time warp and we were back in the days when mum still lived at home.

Her voice was soft with a little kind of Husky catch in it, as though she needed to clear her throat.
Selection Director: Ilaisaane
Pick the most interesting part to read to your group during our next guided reading meeting.

There is someone I really want you to meet,’ said the dad.’ Someone who has become important to me over the past few months..... Someone I hope you will like, and I know will like you.’

I picked this art because it doesn’t seem that josh appears in his dad’s important life.
Summary Director: Phoenix
Write two to three paragraphs summarizing the chapter or today's reading. Use the chart that guides you through summarizing.
Dad told josh while they were camping if he could meet
somebody, one of dad’s friends asked if josh could join
them for a drink. When Josh meets dad’s new girlfriend, since he was parted with his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment